[Michlib-l] Puppet cleaning responses

Emily Ellison eellison at orionlibrary.org
Tue Aug 28 12:03:56 EDT 2018

Thank you all for your responses. They have been most helpful.

Emily Ellison

I have machine washed so many stuffed animals over the years, seems like it would also work for puppets,  Remove any ribbons, bows, etc. tie into a pillow case, wash and dry lightly in machine.  I would also check with a local drycleaner.  Good luck!  Connie
Commerce Twp. Public Library

Our friends of the library take care of that for us.  If they are able to be washed they do so in pillowcases.  If they need dry cleaned our local cleaner does it.
Joann @ Hudson
I take the puppets home and put two or three in a pillowcase; tie the pillowcase up; toss in the washing machine on Delicate (warm water).  Then I throw the whole thing in the dryer.  If a puppet doesn't make it, too bad.  We rotate our puppets every two to three months, so I have time to let them dry fully, etc.
This is all much simpler because we don't have tags--just wrote Saline District Library in permanent marker on the manufacturer's tag.
Paula Schaffner