[Michlib-l] Michigan Statewide Survey of Digital Preservation Programs

Heather Ladiski ladiskih at mcls.org
Wed Aug 29 09:20:16 EDT 2018

Please excuse cross postings
***********************************
Grand Valley State University (GVSU) Libraries, in coordination with the Library of Michigan, the Michigan Council of Library Directors (COLD), the Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS), and Michigan Academic Library Association (MiALA), archives (Michigan Archival Association), and museums (Michigan Museums Association), is distributing this electronic survey to our statewide cultural heritage institutions.
If your institution resides in the state of Michigan and is self-classified as a library, archive, museum, gallery, historical society, research center, or other similar organization, we would like your help. The survey is designed to gather information about the status of your digital preservation program and to determine readiness and interest for engaging broader collaborations across the state and within the surrounding region to further your institution's digital preservation efforts. This is exploratory work. You may not directly benefit from this research; however, we hope that your participation in the study will improve our state's capacity to respond to the preservation needs for ensuring ongoing access to our shared digital heritage.
GVSU Libraries will make a report on the survey findings publicly available in early 2019, and with the help of our coordinating partners, use the findings to guide further exploratory work at the state level.
You will be asked to read completely and agree to our consent form before beginning the survey. Your participation in this study is completely voluntary and you can withdraw at any time. The survey can be filled out by multiple people at your institution, but it is strongly encouraged that staff with the most knowledge of the institution's digital programs take the lead with completing the survey whenever possible. The survey does not need to be completed all at once.
The link to the survey is here https://gvsu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b87Hxg5Sq10vyMB. The survey will be open until October 1st, 2018.
If you have questions about the survey you can contact Matt Schultz (Digital Curation Librarian, GVSU Libraries) at schultzm at gvsu.edu<mailto:schultzm at gvsu.edu>. If you have any questions concerning your rights as a research subject, you may contact the Grand Valley State University Office of Research Compliance & Integrity at (616)331-3197 (rci at gvsu.edu<mailto:rci at gvsu.edu>).
Randy Dykhuis
Executive Director
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS)
1407 Rensen Street
Lansing, MI 48910
Phone:  (800) 530-9019 x119
Fax:    (517) 492-3879