[Michlib-l] Services for Homeless Patrons/Patrons in Need of Assistance

Jessica Bostian jbostian at ruthhughes.org
Wed Aug 29 14:40:27 EDT 2018

Michigan Libraries,

     Hello! We are discovering a need in our community to help patrons who
have fallen on hard times, and have started gathering resources and
information about some of our local agencies so we can better direct needs
to solutions.

     We recently decided to try a new service in which we leave sealed,
bagged toiletry items for free in our public restrooms as one form of
service, and are looking as to other ways we might be able to help.

     I am curious as to any services/programs/resources applicable for
public institutions that any fellow Michigan libraries have implemented and
have experience with, both successes and failures. If anyone has
information relevant to these services, I would greatly appreciate feedback!

     Thank you all for your time and assistance. Have a great day/holiday
weekend!

--
Jessica Bostian
Ruth Hughes Memorial District Library