[Michlib-l] Patriot Week September 11-17 Library Inititative

Lisa Valerio-Nowc lvalerio-nowc at tln.lib.mi.us
Thu Aug 30 10:41:22 EDT 2018

Good Morning,

I am happy to announce that I am the Patriot Week, Inc Director of the Library Initiative. Many libraries in Michigan have benefited from this program in the past and we hope that old friends and new ones join us this year.

In the past public and academic libraries participating in Patriot Week Library Initiative received a $100 grant to purchase new books to add the library's American history collection. This year there is a new opportunity to receive $150 grant to help support library programs that promote the ideas set forth in Patriot Week and the U.S. Constitution.

If you are interested in applying for either grant opportunities please email me at lvalerio-nowc at patriotweek.org. I will send along the application along with free materials to help your library celebrate Patriot Week this year. If you would like me to come visit your library to speak to your staff or library board about how libraries can become a partner in this Celebration of renewing the American Spirit though books and libraries, please reach out to me. I will be more than happy to come out.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call 586-260-4912. Thanks!

Lisa

Lisa Valerio-Nowc
Library Administrator
Royal Oak Twp Public Library