[Michlib-l] Public Libraries and Foster Care

Nicole Sype sypenic at umich.edu
Mon Dec 3 14:31:20 EST 2018

Hello all,

I'm curious if there are any services or programs offered by libraries for
foster children, teens, parents, or the entire foster family? Or if any
libraries work with local social workers to provide resources, programs, or
workshops to the foster care community?

The only things that I've been able to find are Foster Care Library cards
and the use of the library as a meeting space for biological families to
visit their children that are in foster care.

I'm very interested in learning what other services or programs libraries
are offering to foster care communities!

Best,
Nicole Sype
Masters of Science in Information
Digital Archives and Library Science Preservation
University of Michigan