[Michlib-l] Video Game Collection Questions

Kelley Ellsworth kelley.ellsworth at westlandlibrary.org
Mon Dec 3 17:41:57 EST 2018

Hi everyone,

We have some questions for libraries with video game collections. We have a video game collection and we are looking into moving the collection from the back staff area out to the shelves for patrons to browse through. We are wondering, do you keep the disc/cartridge in the game case and then use a security case? If you don't keep the disc with the case, where and how do you store the discs? Do you use a binder or something else? What has worked best for both patrons and staff? We appreciate any insight you can offer. Please respond off list to me. Thank you!

Kelley Ellsworth
Reference Librarian
Westland Public Library
734-326-6123