[Michlib-l] Video games

maureen at romeodistrictlibrary.org maureen at romeodistrictlibrary.org
Tue Dec 4 17:52:04 EST 2018

We keep an empty case with a copy of the same cover and with DISPLAY
printed boldly in yellow across the cover in the stacks in a designated
area.  The patron brings the empty case up and we swap it for the real
case with the actual game in it to check out to the patron.  The actual
games and cases are kept on a cart behind the circulation desk.  When a
patron checks a game out we place the empty case horizontally in the
same spot the actual game was kept.  When the game is returned and
checked in,  the case with the game goes back on the cart standing
vertically, while the empty case goes back out on the shelf. So far this
system has worked well for us.  We have Wii, PlayStation 2, 3 and 4 and
XBox and Xbox One.  When we ran out of room on the cart, the PlayStation
2 games were put out on the shelf instead of an empty case.

--
Maureen Swanwick
Head of Circulation