[Michlib-l] Public Libraries and Foster Care (Nicole Sype)

Reed, Nyama N.Reed at wfblibrary.org
Tue Dec 4 12:10:40 EST 2018

We have a local book club group of foster parents that meet at the library. They discuss foster related books and sometimes bring in their own speakers. We allow them to meet in the children's area, so they can remain near their children in case of any needs. They bring along a couple sitters for the kids, so they are supervised.

At this point, any group who meets in the children's area needs to bring sitters bc the kids are basically unattended while the parents are in a separate space meeting.

Sincerely,
Nyama

Nyama Y. Reed
Library Director
N.Reed at WFBLibrary.org
414-755-6551 (direct line)

Whitefish Bay Public Library
5420 North Marlborough Drive
Whitefish Bay, WI 53217
414-964-4380 (main line)

Our Mission
The Whitefish Bay Public Library, as a cornerstone of the community, is dedicated to connecting people of all ages, inspiring a love of learning and providing easy access to ideas, information and resources.

*Please be advised electronic mail becomes a "public record" as allowed under public record laws when sent or received as part of normal business processes.