[Michlib-l] NASA @ My Library update

Lancaster, Cathy (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Fri Dec 7 10:53:19 EST 2018

NASA @ My Library<https://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/0,2351,7-160-18668_34169_86722---,00.html> has launched here in Michigan, with program facilitation kits circulating to public libraries. In fact, they are so popular that there are currently no kits available until December 2019!  In light of the popular demand, the Library of Michigan is working to build even more duplicate kits for circulation and hope to have them up for circulation on our KitKeeper<http://www.eventkeeper.com/kitkeeper/index.cfm?curOrg=michigan> site early on in the new year.  In the meanwhile, if you would like to access to the Sun-Earth-Moon Connections facilitation notebook or the Be a NASA Detective: Expanding Your Senses notebook, please contact me directly, off-list.  Both notebooks have a shopping list so you can build your own kit, if you have funds. (LSAT Public Library Services<https://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/0,2351,7-160-18668_77699---,00.html> grant applications will be available this winter!)

Even though the kits are booked, don't forget the amazing resources on http://clearinghouse.starnetlibraries.org/! Rummage through your craft storage and I bet you will have much of what you need to produce a NASA @ My Library programs in-house.

Connect with experts:
NASA's Night Sky Network<https://www.michigan.gov/documents/libraryofmichigan/LM_2018_NSN-Flyer-MI_629207_7.pdf> (NSN) is a nationwide coalition of amateur astronomy clubs bringing science, technology, and inspiration of NASA's missions to the general public.  Go to bit.ly/FindNSN<https://nightsky.jpl.nasa.gov/clubs-and-events.cfm> to find a NSN club near you for possible collaborations!
NASA's Solar System Ambassadors<https://www.michigan.gov/documents/libraryofmichigan/LM_2018_SSA-Flyer-MI_629208_7.pdf> (SSA) is a program of volunteers that shares the latest in NASA's science and discoveries of their space exploration missions through events in their communities. For the SSA Directory for volunteers in your area go to: solarsystem.nasa.gov/ssa<https://solarsystem1.jpl.nasa.gov/ssa/home.cfm>.

After our September NASA @ My Library workshops, with Laurie Bone from Longway Planetarium, we had very positive feedback, please take a minute to review: https://www.michigan.gov/documents/libraryofmichigan/LM_2018_NASA_Workshop_Evaluations_Report_639888_7.pdf

This project is made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.

Please excuse any cross-posting.

Cathy Lancaster

Youth Services Coordinator
Library of Michigan