[Michlib-l] 2019 Lineup of History Hounds Lectures

Historical Society of Michigan hsm at hsmichigan.org
Tue Dec 18 11:41:03 EST 2018

cid:image002.jpg at 01D3849D.922A1640

Our 2019 History Hounds are ready to "sniff out" Michigan's history!

 <http://hsmichigan.org/programs/history-hounds-lecture-series/>

If you enjoy exploring Michigan's most fascinating historical facets, join
us for our evening series of in-depth lectures. The Historical Society of
Michigan's History HoundsT Lecture Series allows attendees to delve into
Michigan's history and dig up a bone or two of new appreciation to take
home.

View our 2019 program on the attached PDF,

or  <http://hsmichigan.org/programs/history-hounds-lecture-series/> visit
our website.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/history-hounds-lecture-series/> To
register for a lecture, use our secure online registration forms or call
(800) 692-1828.

Seating is limited! Reserve your spot now.
Lectures start at 7 p.m. at the Meijer Education Center
at the Historical Society of Michigan,
5815 Executive Dr., Lansing, Michigan.
Participants can "attend" remotely too.*

HSM members attend for FREE! Non-members, $7.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/history-hounds-lecture-series/> To
register for a lecture, use our secure online registration forms or call
(800) 692-1828.

Registration for each History Hounds lecture closes at 3 p.m. the day BEFORE
the scheduled talk.

For in-person attendees, light refreshments will be available.

*For full interaction, microphone and webcam are required on your device.
Instructions on how to remote-in to the workshop will be sent to attendees.

  _____

cid:image009.jpg at 01D2AC8B.99D17B80

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan is our state's oldest cultural
organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and
explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses
on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming,
and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote
Michigan's rich history.

  _____

For more information on the Historical Society of Michigan, please visit
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/> www.hsmichigan.org or e-mail us at
<mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan

5815 Executive Dr. . Lansing, MI 48911

Phone: (517) 324-1828 . FAX: (517) 324-4370

Coming Soon.

America's First Female Flier: Harriet Quimby

Wednesday, January 9

Michigan-native Harriet Quimby gained fame as America's first woman pilot. A
true Renaissance woman, she was also a drama critic for Leslie's Illustrated
Weekly; a motion picture screenwriter and actress; a stage actress; and even
a spokesperson for Vin Fiz grape soda. Discover the meteoric rise and sudden
fall of this little-known American legend.

 <http://hsmichigan.org/programs/history-hounds-lecture-series/> Register
today.

Murder and Mayhem II: True Crime in Michigan History

Wednesday, February 13

Author Tobin Buhk returns to History Hounds with more stories of true crime
in the Great Lakes State. The 1916 poisoning of the Peck family of Grand
Rapids; murderer Helmuth Schmidt; Mary McKnight, the Strychnine Saint-all
are ghastly tales from Michigan's history. Learn about these and more in
this spellbinding lecture.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/history-hounds-lecture-series/> To
register for a lecture, use our secure online registration forms or call
(800) 692-1828.

This e-mail is sent to our members and friends to keep you updated on
historical activities and opportunities to learn more about our state's
history. To opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with "remove" in the
subject line. If you received this e-mail as part of your participation in
the Michlib-l mailing list (listserv), please follow their removal process.