[Michlib-l] district libraries -- process for paying bills

Melissa Malcolm melissa at lib.lapeer.org
Tue Dec 18 17:00:28 EST 2018

Hello--

My board has insisted on signing checks at the finance committee meeting
before each board meeting.  There are some invoices paid online but more
than half of our financial obligations are paid via checks that are signed
by one board member and me, with signature lines on the receipt for four
names.  I would love to change this.

Someone suggested that I do a survey and so I am.  If you would take a
minute, could you tell me if your board members sign checks to approve
payment or if you get all the financial transactions
completed and compile a spreadsheet for the board to accept?

Thanks so much.

melissa
--
Melissa A. Malcolm
Library Director
melissa at lib.lapeer.org
www.library.lapeer.org
810.664.9521 <callto:810.664.9521> ext. 3113
"If liberty and justice mean anything, then access means everything." --
Charles Ogletree