[Michlib-l] FW: minimum wage increase

Kate Van Auken kvanauken at rawsonlibrary.org
Wed Dec 19 14:52:45 EST 2018

Thanks for sharing this info.  Some of you may have Library Pages or
student workers.  If that is the case, minors 16-17  years of age may be
paid 85% of the minimum hourly wage rate in Michigan.

There is also a “training wage” for employees 16-19 years of age for the
first 90 days of their employment.  For 2018, that amount was $4.25 per
hour, not sure how that will change as we head into 2019.

Kate Van Auken, Director
6495 Pine Street
Cass City, MI  48726
989-872-2856