[Michlib-l] Virtual Attendance at Board Meetings

Doug Koschik doug.koschik at baldwinlib.org
Thu Feb 1 09:47:43 EST 2018

Several years ago, we were advised by legal counsel that virtual attendance
at our Board meetings is permissable only if the location of the offsite
attendee is publicly noticed in advance and available for access to the
general public.

Doug

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 5:59 AM, Christine Hage via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> We do allow virtual attendance and it is addressed in our bylaws. We have
> called or Skyped trustees who we ill and not able to come to the meeting or
> who have been out-of-town during a regular board meeting.
>
> *Section 6.  QUORUM -* A quorum for the transaction of business at any
> meeting shall consist of a majority of the members serving on the board.
> Presence at a meeting can be in person or by conference telephone or any
> similar communications equipment through which all persons participating at
> the meeting can communicate with each other.
>

> Christine Lind Hage
> Director, Rochester Hills Public Library
> Division Councilor, United for Libraries
> 500 Olde Towne Road
> Rochester, MI 48307-2043
> 248/650-7122 <(248)%20650-7122>
>
> The E's of Libraries®: Education, Employment, Entrepreneurship, E
> mpowerment, Engagement

Doug Koschik
Director
Baldwin Public Library