[Michlib-l] Did you miss the bus? Sold out "Founding of America Tour" is being repeated.

Historical Society of Michigan hsm at hsmichigan.org
Wed Feb 7 16:54:03 EST 2018

Our "Founding of America Tour" was
so popular that it filled up months before
the deadline, so we are repeating the tour
June 6-14, 2018!

If you missed getting on the May tour, you still have a chance to join the
Historical Society of Michigan's "Michiganders on the Road" for a 9-day,
8-night tour of Washington, D.C., Colonial Williamsburg, Monticello,
Montpelier, the Gettysburg Battlefield, and much more.

Sign up before this tour fills!

<https://hsmichigan.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/founding-of-america-tour.
pdf> See the detailed itinerary

<http://hsmichigan.org/programs/michiganders-on-the-road/america-tour-regist
ration/> Register today

<https://hsmichigan.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/founding-of-america-tour-
registration.pdf> Download the registration form

How did our nation come about? What did the Founders envision for their
country? Can a government of the people, by the people, and for the people
survive? As one historian has put it, "the road from Jamestown leads to
Gettysburg." We'll discover how the United States originated and how it was
sustained in our 9-day Founding of America Tour.

$1,995*

*Includes motor coach transportation; all lodging; all dinners and
breakfasts; and all admission fees, taxes, and gratuities. Historical
Society of Michigan membership required; memberships start at $25. Price is
per person based on double occupancy. Reservation deadline is April 25,
2018.

Sign up before this tour fills!

  _____

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan is our state's oldest cultural
organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and
explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses
on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming,
and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote
Michigan's rich history.

  _____

For more information on the Historical Society of Michigan, please visit
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/> www.hsmichigan.org or e-mail us at
<mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan

5815 Executive Dr. . Lansing, MI 48911

Phone: (517) 324-1828 . FAX: (517) 324-4370

2nd Founding of America Tour is here! Sign up before this one fills!

<https://hsmichigan.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/founding-of-america-tour.
pdf> See the detailed itinerary

<http://hsmichigan.org/programs/michiganders-on-the-road/america-tour-regist
ration/> Register today

<https://hsmichigan.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/founding-of-america-tour-
registration.pdf> Download the registration form

The Michiganders on the Road motor coach tour program was developed by HSM
to allow participants to experience the culture and heritage of all 50
states. The excursions are not "cookie cutter" tours. Each and every tour is
planned, executed and guided by Robert Myers, HSM's assistant director for
education programs and events. When planning the adventures, Myers keeps in
mind what history enthusiasts look for in their road trips so that the
experience meets expectations.

This e-mail is sent to our members and friends to keep you updated on
historical activities and opportunities to learn more about our state's
history. To opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with "remove" in the
subject line.