[Michlib-l] Service animals and emotional support animals

Devin Erlandson derlandson at alleganlibrary.org
Tue Feb 13 16:30:37 EST 2018

Attached is our policy which essentially is all the points Kevin brings up.
We have had trouble in the past with patrons bringing in their emotional
support animals which have not been trained or housebroken. Our policy does
allow the chance for someone to request in writing that their comfort
animal/therapy dog/etc be allowed into the library. We have not had anyone
write in.

What I'd like to stress is that, by law, you may only ask IF it is a
service dog, and which tasks the dog performs for the owner. That's it.