[Michlib-l] MeL Minute: Deb is Done ;-)

Biggs, Deb Renee (MDE) BiggsD at michigan.gov
Thu Feb 15 10:23:11 EST 2018

Dear Michigan Library Community/Friends,

There’s a saying that goes, “All good things must come to an end”, and that is where I find myself now after 10 years working at the Library of Michigan (LM) as a library consultant and coordinator for the Michigan eLibrary.  During those years I’ve had the privilege of working with some amazingly talented and dedicated colleagues at LM.  I am grateful for having had them in my professional life as I have learned a lot and grown as a result.  I have also had the honor of working with and getting to know so many talented and dedicated library professionals from all walks of Michigan’s library community.  I leave my position—probably the best job I’ve had in my whole career—knowing that I’ve raised awareness for the Library of Michigan and its flagship program, and how the Michigan eLibrary does indeed serve the information needs of those with whom you work—your patrons, students, teachers and parents. MeL is, as I’ve enjoyed saying over the years, your tax dollars at work…in a very good way!

I’ve been asked if I’m “retiring” and let me just say that I am retiring from State service, but I’m planning to continue to work in our profession—just in the Detroit Metro area where I can work with no longer than a half hour commute!?  I think that I will enjoy getting back to my roots 😊  My last day in Lansing will be March 2nd.  March is turning out to be a big month for me actually.  Not only will I be starting a new chapter professionally, but I will also be marrying the man who has always been meant for me on March 17th!

I wish you all the very best and thank you for your support and friendship these past 10 years!

With warm regards,
Deb

Brought to you by the MeL Team.

MeL databases are available to Michigan residents or Michigan library access only.

Want more information on MeL?  Stay tuned for the next MeL Minute available on many Michigan library listservs, email us at contact at mel.org<mailto:contact at mel.org>,  visit http://mel.org<http://mel.org/>, or sign up for the MeL Minute and other Library of Michigan e-mail lists via GovDelivery<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/MILOM/subscriber/new>. We encourage you to share MeL Minutes with your colleagues and networks.

Deb Renee Biggs, MA AMLS
Library Consultant & Michigan eLibrary Coordinator
Library of Michigan/Michigan Department of Education
702 W. Kalamazoo St.
Lansing, MI  48915

Phone:  517-373-4466
http://mel.org<http://mel.org/> Like MeL on Facebook – http://facebook.com/mel.org