[Michlib-l] Brewpub Library Demonstrations

Sharon Crotser-Toy scrotsertoy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 12:45:41 EST 2018

Greetings, Great Brain!

We were hoping to hold an event featuring our local brewery in a "How to
home brew" kind of program, and to offer tasting afterwards. I called the
MLCC as instructed in the most recent batch of communications on the list
serve about the legalities of offering alcohol (thanks so much for that
information, btw). In that phone call I was gob-smacked to be told that
breweries are absolutely excluded from any type of tasting I could hold. In
addition, I could not offer gift certificates as a door prize (and there
went my "plan B"). The brewery is fine with presenting here without any
beer involved but... shucks!

My questions to you: Has anyone found any way around this prohibition (an
off-sight event perhaps, or  an entirely different event that still
highlighted a brewpub), and how did that work for you? Any
suggestions/information will be welcome!

Please message me off list (especially if it involves confession 😊).

Thanks so much for your time, as always!

--
Sharon Crotser-Toy
Director

Connects People, Inspires Ideas, Transforms Lives