[Michlib-l] TFOP Alert: IRS Forms and Publications Update (133730X)

Ryan Eby ebyr at aadl.org
Wed Feb 21 14:27:13 EST 2018

Hi Paul,

Your rep was probably thinking about the tax cuts and jobs act of last year which affected withholding. The Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 is much more of a mess because it retroactively extended a bunch of tax credits that had expired at the end of 2016 to expire in December 2017. I have no idea if this affects forms or just instructions and I'm guessing the IRS is still trying to figure that out as well.

Here is a small list of some of the changes:

https://www.accountingtoday.com/opinion/tax-aspects-of-the-bipartisan-budget-act-of-2018

I know some people with solar projects that are waiting to redo their taxes because of it. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the IRS re-issues.

Ryan Eby