[Michlib-l] Job Announcement-Chippewa River District Library-Children's Services Associate

Barbara Sanford bsanford at crdl.org
Mon Feb 26 07:56:18 EST 2018

Hello all,

Due to retirement, the Chippewa River District Library in Mt. Pleasant is looking for a new member of our program team.  I have pasted the text of the ad below, and full job details will be available later today(Monday) on our website at www.crdl.org<http://www.crdl.org/>.

CHILDREN'S SERVICES ASSOCIATE

The Chippewa River District Library is looking for a dynamic, creative, energetic, and resourceful individual to work collaboratively with the Programming Coordinator and program team to create, plan, and implement programs and outreach services at all library locations. Planning emphasis on children's services with a focus on early literacy.  A strong service orientation, comprehensive knowledge of children's literature, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, self-motivation, and familiarity with electronic resources are desirable qualifications.  Duties also include serving as liaison with local groups within Isabella County who also focus on early literacy and providing direct reference and readers' advisory services.  Bachelor's degree required; Elementary Education with a focus on Early Childhood and Early Childhood Education.  Library experience preferred. 40 Hrs/week with evening and weekend hours as necessary.  Wage $17.89/Hr to $18.43/Hr after completion of one year.  Excellent fringe benefit package.  Please complete CRDL job application and send resume to Finance Director, Veterans Memorial Library, 301 S. University, Mt. Pleasant, MI  48858 by Sunday, March 11, 2018.  Visit our website at www.crdl.org<http://www.crdl.org/>.  An Equal Opportunity Employer.?

Barbara Sanford
Youth Collections/Programming Coordinator
Chippewa River District Library
989-773-3242 ext. 214