[Michlib-l] Ready to Read MI Programming Guide now online!

Lancaster, Catherine (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Thu Jan 4 12:00:53 EST 2018

We had a little helper in the office yesterday (Joe Hamlin's daughter Grace) and she agrees that the book choice of "I Got the Rhythm" by Connie Schofield-Morrison, illustrated by Frank Morrison, for our new Ready to Read Michigan<http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/0,2351,7-160-18668_83061---,00.html> is pretty great! She even wrote up her own storytime actions for toddlers to go with the story. The 2018 Program Guide is online now: www.mi.gov/readytoread<http://www.mi.gov/readytoread> and public libraries should look for their kits to arrive in early February.  Remember, this is not the same as the former MI Reads program, so 3 of the books are for outreach to your area Great Starts, Head Starts, early childhood centers, etc.!  We also opened additional seats for the January 16th Storytime Best Practices 2:00 PM EST webinar featuring this book - please register online now<https://www.solutionwhere.com/WW/Aspx/Public/Search/ShowSession.aspx?sessionId=2vca3d3ietdffi55zp0nx2559%2f28%2f201712%3a17%3a23+PM144&cId=67&pCId=0> if you'd like to attend.

[Grace RTRM]
Cathy Lancaster

Youth Services Coordinator
Library of Michigan