[Michlib-l] Director Announcement

Kimberly Young kyoung at hlpl.org
Mon Jan 8 12:43:35 EST 2018

Paille to train for Houghton Lake library director job

[image: NEW LIBRARY DIRECTOR IN TRAINING (Right to left) Jamie Paille was
recently chosen to succeed Houghton Lake Public Library Director Kimberly
Young. Paille, who is being trained by Young and is also pursuing a
master’s degree in information and library science, is to take over
in July, 2019. (Photo by Thomas Reznich)]
<http://www.houghtonlakeresorter.com/sites/www.houghtonlakeresorter.com/files/images/2017-12-28/22p1.jpg>NEW
LIBRARY DIRECTOR IN TRAINING (Right to left) Jamie Paille was recently
chosen to succeed Houghton Lake Public Library Director Kimberly Young.
Paille, who is being trained by Young and is also pursuing a master’s
degree in information and library science, is to take over in July, 2019.
(Photo by Thomas Reznich)Jamie Paille, who has served as facility and
finance manager at the Houghton Lake Public Library since February, is to
become library director in July, 2019, according to a succession plan
accepted by the Houghton Lake Library Board during their Nov. 15 meeting.
The plan was submitted to the board by current Library Director Kimberly
Young, who said she is stepping down to pursue other interests.

Young said the board chose to accept the plan “because they approved of the
idea of developing the talent they have,” rather than choosing a new
director from applicants in a search that was con­ducted from August
through November. Under the plan, Paille will train under Young until she
takes over the position.

Paille was recently accepted at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee,
where she will pursue a master’s de­gree in library and information
sci­ence through the university’s School of Information Studies.

Paille, 34, and her husband Michael Paille are both 2002 graduates of
Hough­ton Lake High School, and she currently holds a Bachelor of Science
degree in accounting from Davenport University. She said she sought the
director’s job because “There was a need. I love learn­ing and I think I’ve
found my niche here. I’m young enough to spend the next 30 years here, and
we (as a family) are not going anywhere.”

The Pailles have four children ages 8 to 16.

Article credit to The Houghton Lake Resorter:
http://www.houghtonlakeresorter.com/news/2017-12-28/News/Paille_to_train_for_Houghton_Lake_library_director.html

Kimberly Young
Library Director
Houghton Lake Public Library