[Michlib-l] Join the Michigan Alliance for the Conservation of Cultural Heritage as we reshape our group and move into the future!

Katie Greer greer at oakland.edu
Mon Jan 8 16:05:00 EST 2018

The Michigan Alliance for the Conservation of Cultural Heritage (MACCH)
seeks cultural professionals from across the state of Michigan to join us
as we create the future of our organization. It is an exciting time at
MACCH as we look to broaden our membership and reshape our strategies to
support cultural institutions in our state!

The goals of the Michigan Alliance are to:

   -

   Raise awareness among Michigan citizens of the value of and necessity to
   preserve and protect our cultural resources.
   -

   Advocate the protection and preservation of cultural resources in
   professional workshops and public forums.
   -

   Support actions by individuals, organizations and government to ensure
   the vitality and protection of our cultural heritage.
   -

   Promote, sponsor and facilitate education and training in conservation
   of cultural resources and historic artifacts.

We seek a diverse group of professionals from cultural institutions around
the state. Board members meet roughly six times a year, by phone and/or at
one of our member institutions (locations rotate). Membership dues per year
are $25, which support the group’s activities and any awards/grants that we
may give. More information can be found on our website, www.macch.org.

To apply, please send your resume/CV to board at macch.org with a short
statement detailing your interest, relevant professional background, and
potential contribution to the Board.

Any questions, please contact board at macch.org or the current acting
President, Katie Greer: greer at oakland.edu

--