[Michlib-l] Libraries Read: 1 Book

Pam Seabolt seaboltp at mcls.org
Mon Jul 9 16:31:49 EDT 2018

MCLS Third Thursday Twitter Chat
Libraries Read: 1 Book Discussion

Join us Thursday, July 19, at 2pm Eastern (1pm Central) for our Third Thursday Twitter Chat. We will be discussing the winning title from this year’s Libraries Read: 1 Book votes, When They Call You a Terrorist by Patrisse Khan-Cullors and asha bandele. According to GoodReads<https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34964998-when-they-call-you-a-terrorist>, this book is, "a poetic and powerful memoir about what it means to be a Black woman in America—and the co-founding of a movement that demands justice for all in the land of the free… When They Call You a Terrorist is Patrisse Khan-Cullors and asha bandele’s reflection on humanity. It is an empowering account of survival, strength and resilience and a call to action to change the culture that declares innocent Black life expendable." Those who submitted the title for consideration felt it would be a fantastic point to bring this conversation into the libraries, and to help us better understand the communities that we serve.

Use the hashtag #MCLSchat.

New to Twitter?  Here are instructions<https://mcls.org/training-events/twitter-chat-instructions/>.

https://mcls.org/training-events/twitter-chat-instructions/

For more information or if you are interested in attending one of our in-person book discussions, please visit https://www.mcls.org/engagement/libraries-read-1-book. If you have questions, or would like the materials to lead your own book discussion, please contact Pam Seabolt at seaboltp at mcls.org<mailto:seaboltp at mcls.org>.

Hope you can join us!

Did you miss our June chat on Eliminating Fines? We archived<https://twitter.com/mclsorg/timelines/1006889012517367809> it for you.

Pamela Seabolt
Community Engagement Librarian
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS)
1407 Rensen St, Suite 1, Lansing, MI 48910
(800) 530-9019 ext 123
seaboltp at mcls.org<mailto:seaboltp at mcls.org>

[id:image001.png at 01D32BD1.F967B940]<https://www.facebook.com/mcls.org>     [id:image002.png at 01D32BD1.F967B940] <https://twitter.com/mclsorg>       [id:image003.png at 01D32BD1.F967B940] <http://www.mcls.org/>