[Michlib-l] Libraries Read: 1 Book

Pam Seabolt seaboltp at mcls.org
Thu Jul 19 08:11:29 EDT 2018

MCLS Third Thursday Twitter Chat
Libraries Read: 1 Book Discussion

Join us today, Thursday, July 19, at 2pm Eastern (1pm Central) for our Third Thursday Twitter Chat. We will be discussing the winning title from this year’s Libraries Read: 1 Book votes, When They Call You a Terrorist by Patrisse Khan-Cullors and asha bandele. According to GoodReads<https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34964998-when-they-call-you-a-terrorist>, this book is, "a poetic and powerful memoir about what it means to be a Black woman in America—and the co-founding of a movement that demands justice for all in the land of the free… When They Call You a Terrorist is Patrisse Khan-Cullors and asha bandele’s reflection on humanity. It is an empowering account of survival, strength and resilience and a call to action to change the culture that declares innocent Black life expendable." Those who submitted the title for consideration felt it would be a fantastic point to bring this conversation into the libraries, and to help us better understand the communities that we serve.

Use the hashtag #MCLSchat.  New to Twitter?  Here are instructions<https://mcls.org/training-events/twitter-chat-instructions/>.

We also have two upcoming in-person Libraries Read: 1 Book discussions. Join us for a fun evening!
Aug. 7, 6:30pm at Sun King Brewery in Fishers, IN (Register here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdIVdCB-WWJASq6YOb9iZV6QIqH1lvvI5su2s2QpxfnMxuY0A/viewform>)
Aug. 9, 5pm at Lansing Brewing Company in Lansing, MI (Register here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf1zpCzKqc_blNM_mq4N5of_yDPET0ijWBnO3xYsJwJfA81NA/viewform>)

Hope you can join us!

If you have questions, or would like the materials to lead your own book discussion, please contact Pam Seabolt at seaboltp at mcls.org<mailto:seaboltp at mcls.org>.

Pamela Seabolt
Community Engagement Librarian
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS)
1407 Rensen St, Suite 1, Lansing, MI 48910
(800) 530-9019 ext 123
seaboltp at mcls.org<mailto:seaboltp at mcls.org>

[id:image001.png at 01D32BD1.F967B940]<https://www.facebook.com/mcls.org>     [id:image002.png at 01D32BD1.F967B940] <https://twitter.com/mclsorg>       [id:image003.png at 01D32BD1.F967B940] <http://www.mcls.org/>