[Michlib-l] Tween Collection

Jessica Wilhoite jwilhoite at romuluslibrary.org
Thu Jul 19 11:37:23 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I know this has been discussed before, but I am investigating starting a tween/middle school (better name?) collection and need input.

    * Did you take books from existing J/Teen collections and create a Tween collection or did you start from scratch?
    * Have your circ stats increased from books that were moved over, if you used books in your existing collection?
    * Feedback from patrons (positive or negative)?
    * If you have a collection, do you separate the books or keep them interfiled with a tween sticker on the spine?
    * Do you find that there are too many places to send patrons looking for materials? (This was a question brought to me when I said I wanted to investigate this collection)
    * Procedure for your processing staff on how to determine what goes in tween?
    * Anything else you can think of that might be relevant/helpful?

I will compile the responses for anyone who wants them.

Thanks!

Jessica Wilhoite
Assistant Director/Youth Librarian
Romulus Public Library
11121 Wayne Rd.
Romulus, MI 48174
(734) 942-7589

Serving Romulus and Huron Township Residents

“I see libraries and librarians as front-line soldiers in the war
against illiteracy and the lack of imagination.” -Neil Gaiman