[Michlib-l] Capital Area District Libraries Podcast

Duimstra,Scott duimstras at cadl.org
Tue Jul 24 11:14:37 EDT 2018

Hi all,

At CADL, we’ve been using podcasts as a way of promoting our services and engaging with our partners. I wanted to share with you the latest podcast by the Capital Area District Libraries<https://audioboom.com/posts/6943084-july-executive-edition-podcast> where I interviewed the Mayor of Lansing Andy Schor, and the President of ALA Loida Garcia-Febo. We’ve had success with our CADLcast where we interview library staff, performers and library partners about services and events. Building off of that podcast, I worked with Trent Smiley and our fantastic Marketing Department to develop the Executive Edition podcast where I would interview our municipality partners, area school superintendents and other community leaders so that we could give them a platform to talk about their areas of focus. From the library’s perspective, I use the interviews as a way to see how we can partner with or assist them in achieving their goals or projects. Also, I try to throw in a Harwood Community Conversations question or two which then leads to a discussion outside of the podcast.

While it won’t break the top 10 on iTunes, it’s a great way to give your partners a platform and to begin a conversation with them. Just an FYI, when you listen, don’t take a sip of coffee every time I say fantastic because, if you do, you’ll be heavily caffeinated by the end. 😊

Have a fantastic day!

Scott

Scott Duimstra, Executive Director
Capital Area District Libraries - Administration
401 S. Capitol Avenue, Lansing, MI 48933
517-367-0813| duimstras at cadl.org<mailto:duimstras at cadl.org>
www.cadl.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cadl.org_&d=DwMF-g&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=QMMCCmFitgA79nKxf9JAAyBCpzI40q4728Zr1CLcG18&m=e8CfoAl1x9ns4lDOWWbgjb7r3ApFi6_SZ7r7He5ubuM&s=zhw_qeOxAcDyeWDPNTRxTtQVrPi0n6YFXRzNxzhhW5o&e=> | Twitter: www.twitter.com/cadl<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.twitter.com_cadl&d=DwMF-g&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=QMMCCmFitgA79nKxf9JAAyBCpzI40q4728Zr1CLcG18&m=e8CfoAl1x9ns4lDOWWbgjb7r3ApFi6_SZ7r7He5ubuM&s=7Z9-VltKq_AcOl8RJrZQ9Qk_ocEoSCOrExJnZSckWNA&e=> | Facebook: www.facebook.com/cadlibrary<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.facebook.com_cadlibrary&d=DwMF-g&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=QMMCCmFitgA79nKxf9JAAyBCpzI40q4728Zr1CLcG18&m=e8CfoAl1x9ns4lDOWWbgjb7r3ApFi6_SZ7r7He5ubuM&s=xz-tS5h6L5P2Az0K2TnMhbXuRxHhULx7NMEzT09aVgA&e=>