[Michlib-l] MeL Minute: Survey Results

Breed, Liz (MDE) BreedL at michigan.gov
Thu Jul 26 12:19:12 EDT 2018

Greetings Michigan Library Community,

In a May MeL Minute, we asked for your feedback about this weekly news brief. And you answered! 201 people responded to the survey in five days. The feedback was overwhelmingly positive and as a result we are going to continue the MeL Minute.

One of our concerns was that the material in the Minutes did not touch on each of our diverse audiences frequently enough. We did get that feedback but 50% of respondents said they read the MeL Minute “Every week” and another 34% said “A couple of times a month.” That means we're doing something right! We appreciate your time and we aim to be as relevant as possible to the greatest number of recipients. The MeL Minute goes out to over 9,000 email addresses every week. That's a lot of people to please and we're glad to get your feedback on what interests you most.

The most desired topics according to the survey are:

·         Database tips (71%)

·         MeLCat tips (64%)

·         Themes (like STEM or National Poetry Month) (49%)

·         Stats (40%)

·         Tips for using MeL in the classroom (32%)

We heard you and we will endeavor to continue producing MeL Minutes on these topics in proportion to how desirable each is. We also heard feedback that the Minutes should be easy to scan and easy to digest. We'll do our best.

Thank you for your many kind responses in the survey! It's good to know that our efforts are, for the most part, living up to the intention of the MeL Minute which is to drop by your inbox once a week with a quick, helpful, user-friendly hint to assist you in integrating the MeL resources into your library or school.

Brought to you by Sonya Schryer Norris of the MeL Team.

MeL databases are available to Michigan residents or Michigan library access only.

Want more information on MeL?  Stay tuned for the next MeL Minute available on many Michigan library listservs, email us at contact at mel.org<mailto:contact at mel.org>,  visit http://mel.org<http://mel.org/>, or sign up for the MeL Minute and other Library of Michigan e-mail lists via GovDelivery<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/MILOM/subscriber/new>. We encourage you to share MeL Minutes with your colleagues and networks.

#IMLSGrant

Liz Breed
Michigan eLibrary Coordinator
Library of Michigan
Michigan Department of Education
517-373-4466
Effective Sept 2018 my new number will be 517-335-1497
breedl at michigan.gov<mailto:breedl at michigan.gov>
www.mel.org<http://www.mel.org/>

Nourishing Michigan’s Future…during school and during the summer!  Find a Summer Food Service Program site nearest you and encourage Michigan’s children to Meet Up and Eat Up!    www.michigan.gov/meetupeatup<http://www.michigan.gov/meetupeatup>