[Michlib-l] Community Relations Manager, full-time posting at Hartland's Cromaine Library

Ceci Marlow cmarlow at cromaine.org
Fri Jul 27 16:46:29 EDT 2018

*Learn – Discover – Connect  as Community Relations Manager, a NEW
Opportunity! *

A beautiful new addition has been completed, under budget, and we finally
have spaces for our staff to continue to create new and innovate
traditional library services and collections. As the Cultural Center of
Hartland, Hartland’s Cromaine is expected by its community to offer music
and art, as well as all of the science, engineering and technology
engagement possible for all ages. *We have a full-time Community Relations
Manager position *available to lead an all-new department called for in our
new strategic plan. Your responsibilities include *grant-writing and gift
development, oversight of the Library’s print and online communications,*
including advertising, and contributing to and administration of the
library’s extensive event calendar. *You’ll work with a highly
collaborative management team and your own staff to produce creative,
innovative, and exciting experiences that meet our community’s desires and
exceed their expectations. *

            Cromaine District Library is located near the intersection of
M-59 and US-23—easy to get to from Detroit, Lansing, Ann Arbor, and Flint.
Hartland’s Cromaine (built in 1927, expanded in 1980, and again in 2017).
We have a serious commitment to outreach, participating in many events and
exhibits beyond our walls as well as finding new ways to be active outside
this building in a busy community. *To succeed in this position you must
have a passion for this community—a small town kind of place with a
long-standing culture of connection and commitment to caring. *

            Cromaine wins grants, including several National Endowment for
the Arts’ The Big Read. Grants for technology in Youth, local business
sponsorships for the summer concert series, exhibits from the Smithsonian
and to be a pilot for a national grant program—we are a place to connect to
culture, music, technology, makers, as well as reading in every format. *Many
of the grants support a very full event calendar* (check it out at
WWW.CROMAINE.ORG) which you will be instrumental in creating.   We are an
OverDrive (TLN’s Download Destination) plus Advantage, hoopla, and RB
Digital (Zinio) library. We also offer Kanopy and Universal Class services
supporting our lifelong learners. We welcome new technologies and ways to
improve collections and services, taking seriously every patron request for
both popular materials and those more esoteric. *We pay non-MLS managers
from $19.00 to $20.50 per hour to start;* 40 hours per week with half-hour
paid lunch; includes some evenings and weekends with Sundays at time and
one-half. MLA membership and national conference attendance (in rotation)
paid. Full-time positions at Cromaine have paid vacation, sick, and
business time (available after completion of the introductory period), plus
holiday pay, paid birthday, and paid bereavement leave. Health insurance
(an HSA plan) is provided for the employee and the employee may purchase
health insurance for dependents at the library’s rates. Dental insurance,
optical coverage, life insurance, short- and long-term disability are all
provided for the employee. You may purchase several AFLAC plans at the
library’s rate with a pre-tax deduction. *TIAA-CREF defined contribution
retirement is provided at 10% employer contribution and immediately vested
with no required employee match.*

            Lead a staff committed to public service with a community that
loves its library and its library staff even more. Send your application
(available at WWW.CROMAINE.ORG), resume and a cover letter to “Community
Relations”  at PO Box 308. Or send by email (preferred to be “green”) to
brentola at cromaine.org as soon as possible—*position applications received
prior to August 30 preferred; applications accepted until filled. *

--
Cecilia Ann Marlow
Library Director