[Michlib-l] Holiday Cookie Exchange or Swap Program

Betsy Myers mmyers at tadl.org
Sun Jun 3 15:59:21 EDT 2018

Has anyone ever had a successful one at their library for patrons?  What
were the pros and cons?  I would like to do one but am having trouble
wrapping my brain around it.  Here are my thoughts:

Invite patrons and have them register beforehand so we will know how many
cookies they will need to bring (and so there is not duplicate cookies).
If we set the limit to 24, then they would bring 4 dozen cookies.  Two
dozen will be for tasting and the other two would be for take home.  After
the tasting is done, they would be allowed to take home one cookie from
each maker along with the recipe. They would essentially bring home 2 dozen
cookies.  (If my math is correct). We could also have people tell a bit
about why they chose that particular cookie to make and if there is some
tradition or meaning behind it.  We could also vote for your favorite at
the same time.  Lots of possibilities but my main struggle is the exchange
itself.

Does that make sense?  Or do you have any suggestions?  I am looking for
quick and easy but fun as well.  Thank you!

--
*Betsy Myers*
Reference Department