[Michlib-l] Free data literacy conference July 11-12 (free SCECH for Michigan educators, too)

Kristin Fontichiaro font at umich.edu
Thu Jun 7 22:55:51 EDT 2018

[image: 4TDL FedReserve.png]

We are delighted to announce that registration for the 4T Virtual
Conference on Data Literacy, to be held online from 12-5pm on July 11-12,
has opened! This is a satellite conference of the 4T Virtual Conference on
Educational Technology, which MAME has sponsored for the past few years,
and made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
While this conference is technically geared toward high school educators
and librarians, we have had over 85 job titles from across library and
institution types over the past years, so we hope you'll find something
interesting.

Presenters this year include the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, the
Association of Religious Data Archives, and former MAME keynoter Susan
Ballard, and topics range from data brokers and consumer profiles to how to
create a community profile (so useful for grants!) to how to wrestle with
issues of our own data privacy.We're very excited, and you can see a full
schedule here <http://datalit.sites.uofmhosting.net/conference/schedule/>.

If you know Michigan K-12 educators who might be interested, please share
this with them and let them know that SCECH are free as long as you attend
four full live sessions (and up to 8 SCECH), thanks to the team at the U-M
School of Education.

On behalf of our co-host ICPSR, please join us
<http://dataliteracy.si.umich.edu/conference>!

Best,

--
Kristin Fontichiaro