[Michlib-l] Religion in the library

Adrienne Aluzzo aaluzzo at ltu.edu
Thu Jun 14 14:19:20 EDT 2018

I agree with Phillip and Kate. We wouldn't hesitate to celebrate Black
History month, or Women's history month and I believe that Gay pride fits
in this category as opposed to religious observances. You might argue a
Christmas tree isn't religious but they only come out at Christmas time and
you'll rarely see them in a University Library (at least in my humble
experience).

Adrienne

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 1:16 PM, Phillip J Kwik via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> The nativity scene and the tree may very well be illegal, as we still have
> separation of church and state in this country. For a time, at least.
>
> Pride month is not a religious celebration and is completely appropriate.
>
> Kate is absolutely correct.
>
> Phillip Kwik
> Assistant Director
> Troy Public Library
>
> Sent using OWA for iPad
>
> Sent using OWA for iPad

Adrienne Aluzzo
Architecture Resource Center, Librarian/Manager
Lawrence Tech University
21000 W. 10 Mile Road
Southfield, MI  48075
248/204-2821