[Michlib-l] Question for Township Libraries

Rebecca Higgerson rhiggerson at brandonlibrary.org
Tue Jun 19 12:14:17 EDT 2018

Hello PA 164 libraries!

We are a township library and our township treasurer stated that the
library cannot have its own credit card for library purchases.  When I
checked with our attorney, she said that technically that is correct.
However, she has never come across a similar situation.  So, my questions
for all of you:

Do you have a township-approved credit card?

If not, how do you handle these kinds of small purchases?  Pre-paid card?
Personal credit card?

Thanks in advance!

*Rebecca Higgerson*

Director

Brandon Twp Public Library

304 South Street

Ortonville MI 48462

248-627-1474

248-627-9880 (fax)

*“We enhance and strengthen community by providing open access to
educational information, recreational materials, and programs that enrich
lives and promote lifelong learning.”*