[Michlib-l] Opioids in Communities: Libraries in Response, an OHIO workshop

Lancaster, Cathy (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Thu Jun 28 10:33:16 EDT 2018

Please excuse any cross-posting.  A colleague in Ohio asked that I share this workshop series out, in light of Michigan's coverage of the opioid crisis<http://michiganradio.org/post/libraries-find-themselves-front-lines-michigan-s-opioid-crisis>.

Libraries play a central role in the health and well-being of the communities they serve.  But, as we consider how to respond to the challenges we see, remember that we don't have to go it alone.  During the "Resources in Your Backyard" session, attendees at any of the upcoming Opioids in Communities, Libraries in Response<https://www.ohionet.org/librariesinresponse> events will have the chance to hear from local representatives of Project DAWN<https://www.odh.ohio.gov/health/vipp/drug/ProjectDAWN.aspx>, a community-based overdose education and naloxone distribution program.  Staff from Project DAWN will share information about local and regional resources as well as how to spot the signs of an opioid overdose.

For additional information, and to register ($45), click here: https://www.ohionet.org/librariesinresponse.  Follow the events on Facebook and Twitter via #LibrariesRespond. These programs are made possible thanks to an LSTA grant from the federal Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), awarded by the State Library of Ohio.

Cathy Lancaster

Youth Services Coordinator
Library of Michigan
702 W. Kalamazoo St.