[Michlib-l] wonderful music program suggestion

Lisa Waskin lisaw at uproc.lib.mi.us
Sat Jun 30 09:50:36 EDT 2018

I just want to give a shout out to Peter Bergin, concert pianist and ragtime
musician extraordinaire.  He put on a fantastic concert at the Bayliss
Library last night with his lovely wife Carol.  We did the first half of the
evening with ragtime classics which included a wonderful explanation of the
different types of rag, their history, and stories about the musicians who
made these songs famous.  The second half was an audience sing-a-long from
the American Songbook of classics such as Somewhere Over the Rainbow, It Had
to be You, You Make Me Feel So Young, and Kay Sera Sera.  I had probable
half the audience come up to me afterwards and tell me we have to have him
back again.

He brought in an audience of over 40 people in our little town, including
many young families, and he was competing against events like the Slashin'
on Ashmun classic car cruise, Willy Wonka production at the local theatre,
another music concert up at Lake Superior State University, and a class
reunion.  We even had a few people come over from Canada for the event.

We will definitely be booking Mr. Bergin again.

If you would like to book him too, his contact information is:

Peter Bergin berginmusic at gmail.com <mailto:berginmusic at gmail.com>

Lisa Waskin, Director

Superior District Library

541 Library Drive