[Michlib-l] X - the Novel

ConnieJo Ozinga cjozinga at commercelibrary.info
Mon Mar 12 11:08:24 EDT 2018

Our jazz program last Saturday - Music of X - went great and had great
attendance.

HOWEVER. A week ago I had a voice mail about that program and the X book.
She basically said, "I called to give you a chance to defend the Malcolm X
program before I wrote a letter to the editor."  I called her number and
got her voicemail.  I explained about the Michigan Humanities Commission
and the book being a Michigan read.    I did not hear from her again.

I can only suspect what her problem with the book was.

So if you see that letter to editor let me know!

Connie

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 10:36 AM, Miriam Andrus via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> Hello Library Land,
>
>      We have had a wonderful response to this year’s Great Michigan Read.
> We are wondering if any libraries out there have extra copies of the book
> you could send us. A delivery through rides would be appreciated!
>
> Thank you,
>

> ZV535
>

> Miriam Andrus, Director
>
> Big Rapids Community Library
>
> 426 S. Michigan Ave.
>
> Big Rapids, MI 49307
>
> 231-796-1055 <(231)%20796-1055>
>
> www.bigrapids.lib.mi.us
>
> *This institution is an equal opportunity provider. TRS users may dial 711
> for service*

Connie Jo Ozinga
Library Director
Commerce Township Community Library
180 E. Commerce
Commerce, MI 48390
(248) 669-8108 x101
www.commercelibrary.info

Raising a reader is: Talking * Singing * Reading * Writing *  Playing

--
The information contained in this electronic message is intended only for
the use of the designated recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not