[Michlib-l] Newspaper Columns

Valerie Meyerson vmeyerson at petoskeylibrary.org
Wed Mar 14 16:14:40 EDT 2018

The Petoskey News Review (PNR) provides space twice a month for a library column. It’s really more of a guest editorial of about 600 words. The PNR’s coverage is throughout many library districts. Petoskey, Charlevoix, and Boyne City directors rotate the writing duty. Once in a while we have a guest librarian from one of the other neighboring libraries take one of the columns. The librarians decide up front what topics to write about, to keep us from overlap. We have written about a wide variety of topics – from censorship and selection – to volunteerism and professionalism – to programs and books.  We have been doing this for about a year and it seems to work out very well. Lots of good feedback from our patrons. If you go to the Petoskey News website and search for library guest commentary – quite a few of them will pop up.

Valerie Meyerson, Library Director
Petoskey District Library
231.758.3120

Please think about the environment before printing this message.