[Michlib-l] What's happening in Lansing?

Smiley,Trent smileyt at cadl.org
Sat Nov 3 13:03:35 EDT 2018

CADLcast Podcast:
Our last episode of the year features Oleta Adams, who is known for her work with Tears For Fears and the Grammy nominated song "Get Here". There are also interviews with author Joe Grimm (The Faygo Book),Carla Bronner-Spletzer, Vice-President of Bronner's and more. https://bit.ly/2SDN8jD

Capital Area One Book:
CADL is partnering with Lansing Community College and Delta Township District Library for Capital Area One Book! It's designed to encourage discussion and will culminate in a 2020 author visit. The project begins by picking a title that challenges and inspires. Browse the finalists: http://www.cadl.org/index.php?cID=1292

Silver Bells in the City:
This is a Lansing tradition that is loved by generations of families. Silver Bells in the City attracts over 80,000 people to the Capital City each year and will take place on Nov. 16. Once again, CADL's Little Reading Railroad (photo attached) will make an appearance during the parade. CADL  Downtown Lansing will host a Superhero Holiday Celebration. Here's a spot that cross promotes the event with our hoopla comic collection. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIW-amUmrrU.

Holiday Movie Promotion:
Historically, Thanksgiving is the busiest day of the year for movie theaters with Christmas being a very close second. CADL is taking advantage of the increased foot traffic at Lansing's NCG Eastwood Cinema to generate leads (contact info of non-library users attainted through entry forms) and create awareness of our digital content and other services. Through this in-kind promotion, hundreds of moviegoers can enter to win great prizes including a Kindle Fire and movie passes now until Dec. 31. Lobby displays (see attached photo) and an ad on NCG's website are some of the ways we are promoting the contest to their customers. We also included artwork from one of our Aquaman comics on our signage to be a nice movie tie-in.

Trenton M. Smiley
Marketing & Communications Director
Capital Area District Libraries-Administration
401 S. Capitol Ave., Lansing, MI 48933
517-367-6348 | smileyt at cadl.org<mailto:smileyt at cadl.org>
www.cadl.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cadl.org&d=DQMFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=eQ4zwfvICxqHRkdUL5_5Ew&m=10jJJ5KSdHz2-h8X5t1pHUHubNn2DWMq89Hf3-OPD2Y&s=3rbAsyBXjj2NNLBsgfvAFXBIOTtrw486OCi5yA3tUNc&e=> | facebook.com/cadlibrary<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_cadlibrary-3Fref-3Dhl&d=DQMFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=eQ4zwfvICxqHRkdUL5_5Ew&m=10jJJ5KSdHz2-h8X5t1pHUHubNn2DWMq89Hf3-OPD2Y&s=Mh_HT9zWTBaQYNJrkGn5UQkZsHahpNWPo3T1jUZsMTo&e=> | twitter.com/cadl<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.twitter.com_cadl&d=DQMFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=eQ4zwfvICxqHRkdUL5_5Ew&m=10jJJ5KSdHz2-h8X5t1pHUHubNn2DWMq89Hf3-OPD2Y&s=kjEu80TS31ymwngLwD5AH2BEd7u0lbjJEff7iRegUfQ&e=>