[Michlib-l] Program Recommendation: Blues Guitarist Joey Leone

Maria Williams maria.williams at baldwinlib.org
Mon Nov 5 09:11:36 EST 2018

At Baldwin over the summer we had the pleasure of hosting music historian
and acclaimed guitarist Joey Leone, along with two other talented
musicians, for a program called "The History of Blues in America." Over his
long career, Joey has toured as a sideman guitar player for many high
profile artists including Etta James, The Coasters, Sam & Dave, Wilson
Pickett, Chaka Khan, and many more. The program was excellent and our
patrons raved about it, they enjoyed his storytelling nearly as much as his
excellent music. I believe he has performed recently at several other
libraries in Michigan, and we hope to invite him back in the future.
Working with his manager was a positive experience from start to finish.

This is a description of the program they presented here:
*"The History of Blues in America."  A one hour program led by Joey Leone
and two other musicians covering the history, influence and impact of
American blues music through songs, stories and historical facts. The
program is primarily geared for adult audiences, but we've found it's also
popular with teens who are learning to play musical instruments.  The
content is all-ages appropriate.  Joey also ties in his upbringing in
Brooklyn NY, and how important the Public Library System was for his
discovery, passion, and education about music and music history.*

But they also offer these programs:

**AM Radio Memories - Popular hits of the 50's, 60's & 70's, which of
course involves insider stories and history as well*History of the Electric
Guitar - how one instrument completely changed the direction of popular
music *and also a follow up (Part II) of the History of Blues in America *

Joey and his ensemble are based on the East Coast and do two Midwest tours
each year.  They will be in the region in July and October/November (2019)
and are currently scheduling events.

To inquire about booking him, contact:

Chris Tedesco
Farmers Market Music LLC
Downtown Events LLC
(917) 825-3360
farmersmarketmusic at gmail.com

Joey Leone Blues Program Promo Video
<https://farmersmarketmusic-1.wistia.com/medias/i24fiiji6d>
References, Quotes and Testimonials from Libraries
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6qi0g37rqlj0ra/Joey%20Testimonials%202.0.pdf?dl=0>
Joey Leone Career Highlights
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/oz6fuzmjocvlskv/JoeyLCSBOneSheet.pdf?dl=0>

Maria Williams, MLIS