[Michlib-l] ALA Policy Corps application process is open and we are looking for new members (Deadline November 16th)

Lance Werner LWerner at kdl.org
Tue Nov 13 12:36:01 EST 2018

Greetings Michigan Library Family!

I hope you all are having a wonderful fall! Last year ALA President Jim Neal created a new committee call the Policy Corps to take a deep dive on congressional policy issues such as federal funding, network neutrality, and broadband access. We are looking at adding new members to the original nation-wide cohort of 12 (which includes our very own Larry Neal and myself). It is certainly a worthwhile endeavor and we don't have any applicants from Michigan. I encourage you to apply if you have an interest in being more involved with policy making at the national level.

The application is open through Friday: http://www.ala.org/advocacy/ala-policy-corps-application<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ala.org%2fadvocacy%2fala-policy-corps-application&c=E,1,ubrc_lQ55RhZ5gaqTLk-q2zQdY4XW1ypokOxh3W9oxQga3g73mxN6FDsYhOsf4N_j1n57MrjPxXtizwL1VYT1fqSFGrv0yZ9cjXQ40iWHFwyBdcPtYp_PZ0p0A,,&typo=1>. Please be quick with your applications as the deadline is November 16th. It is certainly a worthwhile endeavor and Larry and I would love another colleague from our incredible state.

Thank you for your consideration!
Lance Werner
Executive Director, Kent District Library
616-784-2007 // lwerner at kdl.org<mailto:lwerner at kdl.org>

Libraries help people to become the absolute best versions of themselves.
2019 ALA President Candidate (LanceWerner.com)<lancewerner.com>

[cid:image001.png at 01D47B31.9EE5A0D0]<lancewerner.com>