[Michlib-l] November 27 is Giving Tuesday. Remember to support the Historical Society of Michigan...and get a free book.

Historical Society of Michigan hsm at hsmichigan.org
Mon Nov 26 14:58:42 EST 2018

November 27 Is Giving Tuesday
It's a day that reminds us that there are those who rely on gifts of support
to survive.

Remember to support the Historical Society of Michigan in your year-end
giving.and we will give you a FREE book!

 <https://hsmichigan.org/store/donate/year-end-giving/> Donate though our
website or by calling (800) 692-1828.

As a nongovernmental nonprofit, we rely on private donations, memberships,
and subscriptions to pay for everything we do, including the production of
our flagship publication Michigan History magazine and our Historic Michigan
Travel Guide.

Would you consider making a special year-end gift to our organization so
that we may continue providing our outstanding services?

For those who donate at the Bronze level ($50) or above, the Historical
Society of Michigan will send you your choice* of one of five FREE books as
a token of our appreciation!

Choose one of these five books* for a $50 or more donation...Community in
Conflict, Insider Histories of the Vietnam Era Underground Press, Rethinking
Michigan Indian History, The Northern Lights: Lighthouses of the Upper Great
Lakes, or Food in the Civil War Era: The North.

 <https://hsmichigan.org/store/donate/year-end-giving/> Donate though our
website or by calling (800) 692-1828.

  _____

Your support makes it possible for us to produce high-quality publications,
such as Chronicle, the membership publication of the Historical Society of
Michigan; provide training and resources for local historical organizations;
and facilitate Michigan History DayR, a program that engages Michigan
students from every area of the state to compete and gain recognition in
local, regional, state, and national competitions for historical projects.

 <https://hsmichigan.org/store/donate/year-end-giving/> Donate though our
website or by calling (800) 692-1828.

  _____

For those who donate $190 or above, you will receive a FREE "Barcus Map"
poster OR the book Frontier Metropolis IN ADDITION to your book choice from
the above list.*

 <https://hsmichigan.org/store/donate/year-end-giving/> Donate though our
website or by calling (800) 692-1828.

Why did we choose the number 190 for a donation level? This year, the
Historical Society of Michigan celebrated its 190th birthday! HSM was
founded on June 23, 1828, to preserve and promote Michigan's history. And we
are still doing that to this day thanks to the support of our members and
donors.

Won't you help us keep our Michigan history-related activities going and
growing? Please consider making a special contribution to HSM as we gear up
for our next fiscal year and make plans for new and exciting projects.

*Books are on a first-come, first-served basis and have limited quantities.
To increase your chances of receiving your favorite book, send in your
donation today!

  _____

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan is our state's oldest cultural
organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and
explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses
on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming,
and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote
Michigan's rich history.

  _____

For more information on the Historical Society of Michigan, please visit
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/> www.hsmichigan.org or e-mail us at
<mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan

5815 Executive Dr. . Lansing, MI 48911

Phone: (517) 324-1828 . FAX: (517) 324-4370

This e-mail is sent to our members and friends to keep you updated on
historical activities and opportunities to learn more about our state's
history. To opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with "remove" in the
subject line. If you received this e-mail as part of your participation in
the Michlib-l mailing list (listserv), please follow their removal process.