[Michlib-l] [MeLCat] MeL Minute: New MeL Promotional Resources

Mel Cat dhtsmelcat2017 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 11:48:00 EST 2018

Very nice.  I love all the new Mel Stuff.

This summer, for our adults, we are adding a line in their "Mission Log"
a.k.a. Reading/Activity Log, that says they can earn an entry into the
Grand Prize drawing by accessing a database on Mel.org (which is a totally
separate line from the other databases that the library offers, ie SCOLA,
ancestry.com and such.

Venus
zv370_28

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 3:43 PM Breed, Liz (MDE) via Melcat <melcat at mcls.org>
wrote:

> Greetings!
>

> Looking for different ways to promote the new MeL eResources in your
> communities? We have some new options for you! In addition to requesting
> print materials be mailed to your library by using our Promotional
> Materials Order Form <https://mel.org/promotional-materials>, we are now
> offering Downloadable Promotional Materials
> <https://mel.org/library-staff/marketing-resources/downloadablepromos>.
> We know sometimes you can't wait for promotional materials to arrive in the
> mail, so we're offering Print-On-Demand materials for printing what you
> need, when you need it. Materials are listed in alphabetical order, by the
> name of the eResource.
>

> In addition, on the Downloadable Promotional Materials page you will find
> a featured section called "Evaluating Resources." This handy area contains
> easy, quick-reference handouts for evaluating the eResources available
> through MeL. Boost your patron's information literacy by using these
> quick-reference guides. You will find information such as "Accessing
> Trustworthy Resources", "Avoiding Plagiarism", and tips on understanding
> the differences between academic journal, trade publication, and magazine
> articles.
>

> We've heard feedback that schools and libraries would like to integrate
> search boxes for MeL eResources onto their own sites. And we have them!
> Please check out the Library Staff
> <https://mel.org/library-staff/operations/search-boxes> and Educators
> <https://mel.org/educators/search-boxes> sections of MeL.org for an image
> of the search box as well as the HTML code snippet necessary to install
> each search widget. All you need to do is copy and paste the code into your
> website and you'll be able to offer a search box for kids research.
>

> The available search boxes are:
>
> ·         Britannica Elementary
>
> ·         Britannica Middle
>
> ·         Britannica High
>
> ·         World Book Kids
>
> ·         Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos
>

> These additional promotion options are designed to help you customize how
> your communities learn about and experience MeL. If you need support from
> us, or have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!
>

> Brought to you by the MeL Team.
>

> Supporting Michigan Libraries by Putting You First.
>

> Want more information on MeL?  Stay tuned for the next MeL Minute
> available on many Michigan library listservs,  visit http://mel.org, or
> sign up for the MeL Minute and other Library of Michigan e-mail lists via
> GovDelivery <https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/MILOM/subscriber/new>.
> We encourage you to share MeL Minutes with your colleagues and networks.
>

> MeL databases are available to Michigan residents or are for Michigan
> library or school access only.
>

> #IMLSGrant
>

> Liz Breed
>
> Michigan eLibrary Coordinator
>
> Library of Michigan

> [...]

*Venus Wilker*
*MelCat/(A)SRP/Teen Volunteer Coordinator*
*(313) 791 - 6056*
John F. Kennedy, Jr. Library
24602 Van Born Road
Dearborn Heights, MI  48125