[Michlib-l] Computer take apart warning

Don Priest dpriest at southgate.lib.mi.us
Mon Oct 22 15:12:38 EDT 2018

I was sent a warning by a respondent to my question about what to do with old computers, regarding take apart events. According to her husband, a computer technician, computers can hold an electrical charge even when unplugged. A quick Google search shows me that, apparently, you can discharge power supply by pushing the ON button for the PC a few times, while it is unplugged. The power should also dissipate over time, though how long, I can't say; perhaps days, perhaps weeks. Try both, and I imagine you're set! If any experts out there would like to contradict me, by all means, please do so!

Don Priest
Southgate Veterans Memorial Library
14680 Dix-Toledo Rd.
Southgate, MI 48195