[Michlib-l] ISO public use printer/copier recommendations

Jeanette Marks jmarks at baycountylibrary.org
Wed Oct 24 14:59:34 EDT 2018

Hello collective brain,

Our branch needs to replace an old public use copier, and I'm looking for recommendations on multi function copier/printers that can do the following for patron use:

Print and Copy: b&w and color
Network to our public use computers
Wireless printing
Coin operated
Scan is optional, as we already have a scanner at one of our computer carrels

If you have a printer/copier with the above features for your patrons, please contact me direct. I'd like make and model, need to know cost of software/computer language, and if a dedicated computer is required. Are there any issues with Apple and Windows based devices wirelessly printing? We are upgrading from an old, and dead, black and white coin operated copier patrons use independently, and a black and white networked printer that patrons pay for and pick up prints at the circulation desk. My vision is to provide our patrons with a printer/copier they can operate independently of staff. Yes, utopia. Our library cards do not have the capability to act as prepaid cards, hence the need for coin op.

Thank you so much,

Jeanette Marks, Managing Librarian
Bay County Library System
Pinconning Branch Library