[Michlib-l] Checks from Education Dept of MI ?

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Wed Sep 12 14:22:54 EDT 2018

Hi Lisa.

It’s likely that staff or trustees from your library registered for events and cancelled their registration before a deadline so they were owed a refund for the payment. Refunds for workshops and events are issued using the method of payment. The Library of Michigan is an office in the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) so refunds will show the parent agency. If the workshop fee was paid by check a refund check will be issued. If it was paid by credit card it would show as a refund on the credit card statement.

State Aid to Public Libraries, LSTA grants and stipends are all paid electronically so there would be no payment by an actual check.

If you would like to contact us directly with questions, please don’t hesitate. We can check our system for the details.

Shannon

Shannon White
Library Development Manager
Library of Michigan
702 W. Kalamazoo, Lansing, MI 48909
www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan>
517.373.9489, whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:Whites29 at michigan.gov>
(After October 16 - 517.335.1507)

Don’t forget! Library of Michigan telephone numbers will be changing in mid-October.