[Michlib-l] Computer guest pass responses

Jillian Baker Jillian.Baker at FarmLib.org
Thu Sep 13 13:43:11 EDT 2018

Hello,

Thank you to everyone who responded to my question about computer guest passes!

For those who are interested, below is the compilation of responses I received. After reviewing the responses and discussing it, we've decided to stop asking patrons for ID in order to get a guest pass at FCL.

16 libraries - No ID required to get a guest pass and they don't ask for the person's name

7 libraries - Ask to see ID, but do not record the person's name

2 libraries - Ask to see ID and record the person's name

1 library - Records the person's name, address and phone number and keeps it on file

Best,

Jillian Baker

Head of Adult Services, Main Library

Farmington Community Library