[Michlib-l] Streaming/Recording library programming?

Eric Magness-Eubank emeacl at alpenalibrary.org
Fri Sep 28 16:48:13 EDT 2018

We did use zoom, with aver videoconferencing equipment, to host the
League of Women Voters event earlier this week and stream to two other
libraries in the area.  The initial feedback from that event seemed
positive.  We also used it to bring a remote public lecture from an MSU
professor to Alpena.  Zoom is not free for the host, which we purchased
because it seems like it solved some issues with allowing traveling
library board members to attend meetings.  I think zoom is good for
interactive events between a limited number of parties.  For recording
and posting programs, we use youtube and a standard digital video camera
to put the events online for those who could not attend live.  I should
note that many performers/presenters have contract language prohibiting
making recordings or broadcasting, in which cases, we always honor.
There is other software out there, which we are still exploring.

Eric Magness-Eubank
Library Director
Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library
emeacl at alpenalibrary.org
989.356.6188 ex 11