[Michlib-l] Free back issues of Michigan History magazine for your patrons

Larry J. Wagenaar wagenaar at hsmichigan.org
Wed Aug 14 14:10:26 EDT 2019

Dear Librarian,

The non-profit Historical Society of Michigan (HSM), which publishes
Michigan History magazine, would like to reduce our inventory of back
issues. Rather than recycling older inventory, we would like to make them
available free to Michigan libraries that may be able to help us put these
copies in interested hands at no cost.  The history in our magazine is
timeless - and all issues we are looking at liquidating are less than ten
years old.

While inventory lasts, we would like to offer any library a free case of
Michigan History.  The only thing we ask is that the issues be put in an
area of the library where they can be picked up free by patrons (they
normally sell for $6.95).  HSM staff would pick the issue being shipped.

Since 1917, Michigan History magazine has shared the Great Lakes State's
diverse history through feature articles and special sections. A popular
history magazine geared toward professionals and enthusiasts alike, Michigan
History offers a wide variety of subject matter, time frames, and
perspectives while inspiring, educating, and entertaining its readers. Every
issue explores the state's most fascinating historical facets and celebrates
the history and heritage of all Michigan's peoples.

If you are interested in getting a free case of a back issue for free
distribution to your patrons please email James Hall at hsm at hsmichigan.org.
We are hopeful that these issues can find people who may be interested in
our state's history rather than destroying them.

Thank you.

Larry J. Wagenaar

Larry J. Wagenaar

Executive Director and CEO, Historical Society of Michigan

Publisher, HSM Magazines

7435 Westshire Dr.

Lansing, MI 48917

Phone: (517) 324-1828