[Michlib-l] A note from the Historical Society of Michigan

HSM Main hsm at hsmichigan.org
Fri Aug 23 13:52:29 EDT 2019

Dear Friend of HSM,

Did you know that we run historical motor coach tours?

The Michiganders on the RoadT motor coach tour program was developed by HSM
to allow Michiganders to experience the culture and heritage of all 50
states with a group of like-minded history enthusiasts. Each tour is
handcrafted by me, HSM's director of education, and includes one-of-a-kind
itineraries featuring historical stops, museums, local attractions, nightly
dining experiences in local restaurants, and comfortable accommodations at
modern chain hotels.

One of our upcoming tours is a trip to Missouri and Kansas from October 5 to
13. Are you interested in exploring an area rich with vast scenes of natural
beauty, culture, and fascinating history? Would you like to see what all the
fuss is about? Are you looking to experience local history around the United
States, where all the details are handled for you?

Join us as we enjoy some of the sites that American pioneers encountered on
their travels west-including the Cahokia Mounds, the Old Cowtown and
National Frontier Trails Museums, the Bingham-Waggoner Estate historic home,
Fort Larned National Historic Site, the Great Plains Nature Center, the
homes of U.S. Presidents Truman and Eisenhower, the National WWI Museum, the
Arabia Steamboat Museum, and more.

Take a look at some of the sites we'll be visiting in the pictures below!

National Frontier Trails Museum

Sales-Munger House in Cowtown, Kansas

A dining car in the Abilene & Smoky Valley Railroad - where we'll be having
dinner!

The Celebration Belle - where we'll enjoy a riverboat cruise!

This 9-day, 8-night tour from October 5 to 13 is a fantastic package deal
with all dinners, breakfasts, accommodations, entrance fees, and
transportation included for $1,995 per person. The registration deadline for
this tour is August 31, 2019.

Walk through our 9-days on the road with the itinerary attached to this
e-mail, or learn more
<http://hsmichigan.org/programs/michiganders-on-the-road/gateway-west-tour/>
on our website.

I hope you'll consider joining us this October. Our Michiganders on the Road
program is a great way to experience American history, meet new friends, and
engage with HSM. Check out this kind note sent to me from one of the tour
participants on our Charleston trip earlier this year:

"Just wanted you to know that Steve and I thoroughly enjoyed the Charleston
trip. We especially appreciated that it was organized, and that we knew
where to be when. The group of travelers was friendly and fun to meet. We
were impressed with the knowledge of the docents at various sites, the
variety of places we visited, the different dinner restaurants, and with all
the planning you did to make the trip go smoothly. The trivia games and Tim
with his ties both were a nice touch. We are glad we could meet you in
person, and Candace as well. Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to travel
with Michiganders on the Road in the future. . Thanks for putting together
such a great trip!"

For more information, please call or e-mail me at (517) 324-1828 or
myers at hsmichigan.org. We can't wait to have you join us!

Sincerely,

Robert Myers

Director of Education