[Michlib-l] Survey on Science-Related Programs for Youth & Teens

Laura laurajvpowers at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 18:06:58 EST 2019

Hi All,

My sister is working with her colleagues and the American Society for
Microbiology to develop a handbook to help library staff provide science
programs for youth and teens. They're hoping to gather some feedback to
ensure the handbook is as helpful as possible. If you have a few minutes,
could you please respond to their survey
<https://survey.uchealth.com/redcap/surveys/?s=DE3LKCXJMY>? The full
message from them is below.

As a former youth librarian, I'm quite excited about this project and
really appreciate any help you can offer them!

Thank you,

Laura Powers

***********

Hello,

We are three scientists trying to gather information about how youth / teen
programs are developed and implemented in libraries. We developed a survey
<https://survey.uchealth.com/redcap/surveys/?s=DE3LKCXJMY>, which can be
found at the link below, to help us learn more from you. We are planning to
use the information that we gather in order to produce a handbook that both
library staff and scientist volunteers can use to present science-related
programs in libraries. By completing this survey, you can help us design a
more effective handbook. This survey is completely anonymous; none of the
information that you provide can be linked back to you as an individual or
to a specific library. We are interested in individual perspectives, so
please feel free to have multiple people from your library complete the
survey. Any feedback that you are able and willing to provide would be
greatly appreciated!

Please complete the survey by December 11, 2019.

Link: Youth/Teen Services Survey
<https://survey.uchealth.com/redcap/surveys/?s=DE3LKCXJMY>

If you have any questions or would like to stay involved with this project
after completing the survey, please email us at:
microbiology4youth at gmail.com.

Thank you!

Lauren, Maggie and Katherine