[Michlib-l] [all-tln] Yoga in the Library

Devan B. Green dbgreen at tln.lib.mi.us
Mon Dec 2 10:41:05 EST 2019

We have been hosting yoga for a while. Currently we have a partnership with a local company, Yaktown Yoga. They offer many different types of classes including Chair Yoga. You can read about the different classes [ https://pontiac.lib.mi.us/adultservices2.html | here ] . We did not add any extra liability insurance than the coverage we currently have through MML. The great thing about this program is it is free. We have had similar programs with Heartfulness Meditation where there are instructor led meditation programs that are free as well. We host Zumba classes as well and we pay a very low fee for the instructor of those classes $20 per session. The turn out for these classes varies. I think the average attendance is 12. The Zumba is for children and families so sometimes we get a little crowd for that class.

In Service,

Devan Brie S. Green, MLIS
Library Director

Pontiac Public Library
60 E. Pike St.
Pontiac, MI 48342
248-758-3942 Main
248-430-8254 Fax
[ mailto:dbgreen at tln.lib.mi.us | dbgreen at tln.lib.mi.us ]

" If you have a garden and a library , you have everything you need ." - Marcus Tullius Cicero